This is such a simple easy breakfast muffin to make! Kids absolutely love how light and fluffy these cook up - grownups too! It is best to bake with this season's beautiful fresh black berries or use frozen berries. Don't use dried - I have tried and failed. Dried berries just turn to little lumps of charcoal in the oven.
You could add 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum for extra fluffiness but it's not an absolute necessity. In fact sometimes, I skip the baking powder too and it is just as yum! Very easy to make a double batch to save some for future use - if you can stop everyone from scoffing the lot!
Recipe for 6 muffins:
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
1/8 cup sweetener
1/2 tbsp Apple Blackcurrant Vitalzing
1/2 tsp nutmeg (optional)
1/4 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup Perfect Porridge
6 blackberries to decorate
1. Turn oven to 160 and line muffin tray if using cases or grease with butter if not, do neither if using silicone!
2. Soften cream cheese and butter in the microwave for 30 sec. Stir, Microwave again 30sec, stir again until combined.
3. Crack eggs and add the Vitalzing drops, sweetener and nutmeg to the batter. Beat with a fork until combined.
4. Stir in Perfect Porridge and baking powder.
5. Scoop even spoonfuls into the muffin trays and plop a berry in the middle before sliding into the oven.
6. These take about 20 min in my oven but she's hot. I turn the tray around after 10-15min so the front ones don't colour too much but that's just my burny beast. Yours will probably be fine without a swivel. Use a skewer to test after 15. Leave to cool in the tray - if you can resist!
Great for kids who don't like to eat breakfast and adults who need to eat before the school run!
If you make it, please let me know! Tag me in your baking posts and don't hesitate to send me a message if you have a question, I love hearing from you. I'll see you tomorrow with the details of the first prize on our Challenge. Hint: it has something to do with the first email I sent you!