What if I told you a super easy way to cut 1000 calories from your regular loaf of Daily Bread? It's the same number of steps as the recipe on the back, just ever so slightly tweaked.
The flavour is bomb af and you will actually get more rise! No fancy equipment required, just a tiny bit more patience but totally worth the wait.
1 bag of Daily Bread
1 sachet of yeast or 1 tbsp yeast
1 tbsp honey / inulin *
1/2 cup tepid water
2 tbsp olive oil
7 large eggs
1. Dissolve half the honey in 1/2 cup tepid water. Add the yeast and cover with a tea towel and set aside to proof.
2. Beat the 7 eggs, 2 tbsp olive oil and other 1/2 tbsp honey or inulin into the whole bag of Daily Bread until very thick and well combined.
3. Check the yeast has proven, it will be bubbly on top, and beat the yeasted water into the Daily Bread dough on a low beater setting.
4. Once the yeasted water is fully combined, switch the beater setting to high and beat the dough for a further couple of minutes.
5. Scrape the dough into a line 20cm x 10cm loaf tin and place in a warm space to rise for 30minutes.** After 30 minutes, fanbake at 180 for 1 hour. Leave the loaf to cool in the loaf tin before slicing up to enjoy!
* do not worry about the sugars! These will be consumed by the yeast in the proofing process!
** you do not have a good dough proofing space, you can create one by microwaving a cup of hot water for 2 minutes and placing the loaf in the warm steamy microwave with the door shut for 20-30minutes.