If like me, your lemon tree is laden with fruit as we transition into spring from winter, what better way to use up your citrus than with a gorgeous lemon meringue slice! This divine recipe comes to us from the gorgeous @food.sifter using our hero baking ingredients Perfect Porridge & Sweetest Ding make sure you give her a follow!
Light and airy lemon meringue with a buttery shortbread base you will love!
Makes 12-16 squares
- 1 ½ cups of Keto Happy Perfect Porridge
- 1 tbsp Keto Happy Sweetest Ding
- A pinch of salt
- 60g soft butter
- ½ cup Keto Happy Sweetest Ding
- 4 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 160, line a baking tin (20cm x 30cm) with baking paper and spray the paper with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, blitz the base ingredients together until you have a crumble consistency. Pack the crumble into the lined tin, ensuring it’s in all corners and flat and even.
- Bake the base for 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove and leave to cool while you prepare the meringue.
- In a clean mixer bowl add egg whites and cream of tartar. Use a whisk attachment to whip on a slow speed until the whites are light and foamy. Turn the speed up, and whisk for 3-5 minutes until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- While you wait for the whites to whisk, add the yolks, Sweetest Ding, lemon juice and zest, vanilla and salt to a separate bowl and whisk together by hand until fully incorporated.
- When the whites are ready, add half to the lemon mixture and gently fold in. Repeat with the other half. Spread out on the prepared base, making sure it’s spread evenly. Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is starting to brown and the middle is set.
- Remove and leave to cool completely before removing from the baking paper and slicing with a hot knife. Serve with a dollop of lemon curd or mascarpone.
This recipe was created by @food.sifter please support her business by giving her a follow!